Our Mission and Guiding Principles
Wellspring Learning Community aims to establish an inquiry-based learning environment in which students from diverse backgrounds are given every opportunity to realize their social, emotional and academic capacities and talents. Our students will become confident, resourceful, creative, caring, responsible and thinking citizens prepared to use their education to contribute in meaningful ways toward improving society, both locally and internationally.
In support of the mission, teachers and administrators work collaboratively in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust to design, plan and provide a positive learning environment that builds on an ongoing process of self-assessment, evidence-based decision making, and continual improvement. At Wellspring we are committed to the following guiding principles:
1. Establishing a safe and collaborative learning community that meets the needs of the students, school personnel and parents
2. Maintaining well-kept, clean and vibrant physical campus environments
3. Giving attention to the whole child by supporting students’ development in all domains, including the academic, linguistic, social, emotional, ethical, artistic, and physical
4. Making education relevant to the real world and children’s life experiences
5. Honoring diversity and individual differences
6. Promoting the development of strong multilingual abilities
7. Delivering an equitable education for all students
8. Holding ourselves accountable for students’ learning and school-based development
9. Putting in practice an interactive, creative approach to teaching and learning that combines the best elements of a variety of modern classroom instructional strategies to meet different learning abilities
10.Empowering teachers as professional decision-makers
IB Diploma Program
In Wellspring Learning Community, we are proud to be the sixth IB Diploma school in Lebanon and will be the first to offer the full IB continuum PYP, MYP and DP by 2015. We are also proud to offer the diploma to all eligible students; through pioneering the use of online courses in Lebanon we are able to offer a wide range of subjects to suit the needs of our students. All students, and their parents, can be sure of our full support whether they are following the full diploma or the DP Courses. It is our belief that all students should have the opportunity to benefit from this innovative, internationally minded programme.